I got my Drone License



So happy to have received my Permission for Commercial Operations (PfCO) just after Christmas!


Basically, in a nut shell, you need approval from the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) to make any kind of money from a drone, whether that is through selling prints, to working with clients. It’s a slightly long-winded process, but totally worth it.

The First part is to complete the classroom based learning called ‘Ground School’, which is a two day course with an exam at the end of it. This takes you through the theory and rules and regulations of flying a drone. So much useful information, even how the drone works which could prevent fly-offs.

The second part is a 40+ page drone manual that you have to write for your own business. This is then tested at part three, which is the flight test with some questions on what you have written. Finally, after that it’s flight test time to see if you are able to confidently fly a drone.

All in all, it’s a great way to learn how everything works, as well as how to safely fly a drone within the laws of the sky.

All the photos here and a lot more are for sale as prints in my shop.


Rachael & Niall
Creativity Month – Culture NI

Leave a comment